AW Evaluation Item: Letter (Short Communication)
Students are required to submit a short communication or letter to demonstrate that they have learned the steps involved in writing and delivering a formal report of this type.
- ● Cover Letter to explain what your are submitting (body of the Email)
- ● Cluster Diagram (single page attachment, PNG)
- ● Complete Linear Outline (attachment, TXT)
- ● Report (attachment, PDF)
- ● Report must be submitted in both hard and soft (electronic) copy formats.
- ● Due Dates:
- - 1st Draft: Week 5 (9 week course) or 6 (18 week course)
- - 2nd Draft: Week 8 (9 week course) or 8 (18 week course)
- - Final Draft: Last class
- ● Hardcopy should be given to the teacher during class or submitted during office hours.
- ● Softcopy should be sent by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ● The Subject of the Email should include university, course name,your ID and name. (See submitting assignments ppt for further details.)
- ● Topic: The Story of my Life
- ● Length: 500 to 1000 words. Maximum of 3 figures, Minimum of 1 Figure.
|Cluster Diagram||complete, sufficient depth||5
|Linear Outline||sufficient depth, good organization, format as discussed in class||10
|Macro-level||These are divided equally among following items:
- Introduction (problem stated, literature review, hypothesis stated, plan of attack summarized, interesting, appropriate length)
- Body (good paragraph structure, interesting)
- Conclusion (Summarizes key points, restates hypothesis, author opinions, appropriate length)
- ● Final Decision: Either ACCEPT (17.5/25), REVISE(0/25), REJECT (0/25) or MODEL (22/25).
- ● (This means if total is <17.5 then you receive ZERO (0).)
- ● Note that for 9 week courses, the MODEL evaluation is may not be available.
- ● Incomplete submissions are unacceptable.(0/25)