AW Evaluation Item: Letter (Short Communication)
Students are required to submit a short communication or letter to demonstrate that they have learned the steps involved in writing and delivering a formal report of this type.
- ● Cover Letter to explain what your are submitting (body of the Email)
- ● Cluster Diagram (single page attachment, PNG)
- ● Complete Linear Outline (attachment, TXT)
- ● Report (attachment, PDF)
- ● Report must be submitted in both hard and soft (electronic) copy formats.
- ● Due Dates:
- - 1st Draft: Week 5 (9 week course) or 6 (18 week course)
- - 2nd Draft: Week 8 (9 week course) or 8 (18 week course)
- - Final Deadline: End of Course
- ● Hardcopy should be given to the teacher during class or submitted during office hours.
- ● Softcopy should be sent by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ● The Subject should include university, course name,your ID and name (See submitting assignments ppt for details.)
- ● Topic: The Story of my Life
- ● Length: 500 to 1000 words. Maximum of 3 figures, Minimum of 1 Figure.
- ● Cluster Diagram (complete, sufficient depth): 5 points
- ● Linear Outline (sufficient depth, good organization, formatted as discussed in class): 10 points
- ● Macro-level: 5 points. These are divided equally among following items:
- - Introduction (problem stated, literature review, hypothesis stated, plan of attack summarized, interesting, appropriate length)
- - Body (good paragraph structure, interesting)
- - Conclusion (Summarizes key points, restates hypothesis, author opinions, appropriate length)
- ● Micro-level: 5 points
- ● Final Decision: Either ACCEPT (17.5/25), REVISE(0/25), REJECT (0/25) or MODEL (22/25).
- ● (This means if total is <17.5 then you receive ZERO (0).)
- ● Note that for 9 week courses, the MODEL evaluation is may not be available.
- ● Incomplete submissions are unacceptable.(0/25)